Potato Corner is a well-known flavored french fries food company in the Philippines. Its stalls are usually found inside shopping malls or independent shops within busy Philippine streets.
They have over 800 branches in the Philippines and the United States, Australia, Hong Kong, Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, and Thailand.
Priced between P35 and P150 in the Philippines, potato products — mostly fries — are well within the Filipino buyer’s price point consideration. Fries on offer come in different shapes (Loopy, Tater Tots, Sweet Potato, Jo Jo chips) and flavors (BBQ, cheddar, sour cream & onion, chili BBQ, cinnamon & sugar, garlic & parmesan). They are priced based on taste and size (regular, large, jumbo, mega, giga).
After it launched its first outlet in 1992, Potato Corner’s success in the enhanced french fries business became evident when it started its franchising business only one year later.
Its success has been recognized as being the recipient of the Franchise Excellence Hall of Fame Award by the Philippine Franchise Association and the Department of Trade and Industry in 2003 for being the Best Franchise for three consecutive years.
No wonder its reach has extended beyond the Philippine shores as people around the world love fries.
As a Potato Corner franchisee, you will join the bandwagon of the company’s time-tested business plan, a winning set of recipes, and a reputable brand known globally.
Each Potato Corner shop has several strategic advantages:
- Its menu offerings are a widely accepted form of snacks
- Its food preparation time is short and therefore is within the manageable waiting time
- Its workforce needs are minimal, helped by Potato Corner’s simple food preparation process
- Its servings and packaging is geared toward on-the-go pedestrians
- Its location is within a prominent spot — within shopping areas, schools, and other areas with high foot traffic
- Its food carts can operate within a small space, therefore reducing costs of lease and maintenance
Commonly asked questions:
1. Who can apply for a Potato Corner franchise?
Anyone in the Philippines or any of our locations can franchise a Potato Corner store (United States, Australia, Hong Kong, Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, or Thailand), booth, or kiosk. This holds as long as all necessary documents are submitted and all the required fees are paid for.
2. What are the primary considerations before applying to be a franchisee?
Potato Corner does not provide locations for franchisees to set up their store, booth, or food kiosk so the first consideration would be the desired shop location.
The second item a franchisee must consider is investment capital. The Potato Corner Franchise Package is P350,000 for the standard cart, a pop-up, stand-alone cart that you are most likely to see off a Potato Corner. However, it can range from P200,000 to P1,200,000, depending on the requirement of the lessor. The price will be dependent on the store type that you select.
3. What are the ideal locations to set up a Potato Corner store?
Generally, high foot traffic and pedestrian activity areas are best for setting up the Potato Corner shop and other similar businesses. These may include shopping malls, transport terminals, schools, or amusement parks.
4. How much does it cost to avail of a franchise package?
Potato Corner franchise package varies depending on the type of plan you wish to avail of based on your chosen location. The kit consists of a food cart or booth, establishment charge, products and supplies, first supplies, and preparation for franchisee and staff.
School Cart Package: P200,000
This package is ideal for school grounds, college or university canteens, or any area within campus premises.
School Cart measurements: Height: 2.10 m x Length: 1.22 m x Width: 0.60 m
Required area: 2.5 m. x 2.5 m.
Standard Franchise Package: P350,000
Standard Cart measurements: Height: 2.10 m x Length: 1.90 m x Width: 0.80 me
Kiosk: P400,000 – P500,000
Kiosk w/ Roof & Seating: P500,000 – P600,000
In-Line Store: P500,000 – P700,000
In-Line Store w/ Seating: P800,000 – P1,200,000
Custom Fit or in-line Plans:
It is also possible to start your Potato Corner shop custom store measurements.
5. What does the franchise package fee cover?
The initial investment charged in the franchise package includes:
- Franchise Fee
- Small Wares & Equipment
- Initial Supplies
- Franchisee Training
- Crew Training
6. What are the requirements to apply for the Potato Corner franchise?
Interested parties are requested to prepare the following documents:
- Letter of Intent (please include your desired location and reason/s why you want to franchise)
- Map of your desired location (a sketch will do)
- Photos of your desired location
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Two valid IDs (passport, SSS, driver’s license, etc.)
Once Potato Corner has received a prospect’s interest, a team will schedule a meeting and a location visit may be done within the same day or maybe scheduled at another time.
Potato Corner contact details
Ms. Ellaine Bautista
Phone: (632) 534-5845/46
Fax: (632) 534-5849
869 Katarungan St., Barangay Plainview, Mandaluyong City
Walk-ins are welcome, but it is highly recommended to send an email or give a call to request for an appointment. This ensures that someone from the Potato Corner office will be available during the pre-arranged meeting.
7. How long will a franchise application be approved?
The entire process should take about a month to complete, assuming necessary documents are provided, and the desired location of the shop has been confirmed.
- Penong’s Barbecue Chicken Franchising
- Sample Letter of Intent to Apply for a Franchise
- 8 Qualities of a Successful Franchisee
- Available Loans for Franchise Business Applicants
- 6 Essential Things You Should Check Before Agreeing to Become a Business Franchisee
Help Pinoy Negosyo
If you find this article helpful, consider donating to Pinoy Negosyo to help maintain content and server expenses. Thank you!